Lintian error about a simple program

L.S.
I have a simple program, created by an official Debian tool (fasm).

If I put it into a debian archive I get (among others complaints)

E: lina: unstripped-binary-or-object usr/bin/lina

I'm perfectly willing to strip lina

~/PROJECT/ciforths/ciforth$ strip lina
strip: error: the input file 'lina' has no sections
~/PROJECT/ciforths/ciforth$ echo $?
1

So strip refuses to work, moreover it gives an error, possibly
indicative of more problems.

I can find a flag to give to strip to suppress the error condition it gives back.

My personal opinion is that lintian should check on superfluous information, such as debugging symbols. The absence of sections should exonerate a program from containing superfluous information.

Groetjes Albert