Re: lintian errors packaging Barry's Emacs

El 26/12/22 a las 16:28, Barry Scott escribió:
E: bemacs source: malformed-debian-changelog-version 8.9.3 (for non-native) [debian/changelog:1]

It seems that the changelog issue is around lintian mandating a issue to close?
I have no issue what do I put in the changelog? Or do I have to configure this
check off?

It's not related to closing issues. Look at the error message: it says [debian/changelog:1] that the error happens in the very first line of the debian/changelog, probably you wrote something like this as the very first line:

bemacs (8.9.3) unstable; urgency=medium

This is only ok if you are creating a native package.

I assume your package is not native, so version should really be 8.9.3-1 for the first Debian revision, 8.9.3-2 for the second, and so on.

E: bemacs source: python3-depends-but-no-python3-helper bemacs

This seems to mean that I need something in the rules file to make lintian be happy.
My build system can set the shebang to what ever is expected. I have tried with
/usr/bin/python3 and /usr/bin/python3.10 both get errors.

Explanation here:

https://lintian.debian.org/tags/python3-depends-but-no-python3-helper

My advice here is to take a look at other Debian python packages.

E: bemacs source: source-is-missing [HTML/extn_intro.html]

This I am baffled by. The named sources are in the bemacs_8.9.3.orig.tar.gz but this
error claims they are not present.

Explanation here:

https://lintian.debian.org/tags/source-is-missing

Did you really write extn_intro.html by hand from scratch, or maybe you created it
from something else before putting it inside bemacs_8.9.3.orig.tar.gz?

Lintian thinks it's the latter, hence the complain. If it's really the former,
use a lintian override.

Hope this helps.