Question about dh_icons and update-icon-caches

Hi, working on mint-y-icons packaging (https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/mint-y-icons) I saw 2 strange thing.

One about dh_icons that don't automatically add update-icon-caches for any theme but only some, upstream packaging seems add it manually for all theme as workaround (https://github.com/linuxmint/mint-y-icons/blob/master/debian/postinst). Is it a dh_icons issue or these themes don't really need update-icon-caches?

The second thing is related to theme removed in recent version, don't clean remove theme folder (/usr/share/icons/Mint-Y-Yellow) on upgrade for cache file still present, on package remove instead remove it and any other theme folder (with update-icon-caches in postrm added by dh_icons). The missed case of executing it on packaging upgrade is an issue? upstream workaround it with "rm -rf /usr/share/icons/Mint-Y-Yellow" in the postinst, don't seems good to me, is there a better alternative that I don't know?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english