Re: Advice - tomboy-ng

Hi David,

* David Bannon <dbannon@internode.on.net> [221116 08:13]:

> When first submitted to Debian, back in 2020, I was advised to use Qt5
> instead of GTK2, its built with FPC and Lazarus, so switching is trivial.
> Sadly, in the rush to make a deadline, I submitted a GTK2 by mistake and it
> was accepted. Updates since then have been GTK2
>
> A new update is ready, easy to switch for me, should I do QT5 this time ?
>
> I assume it will not cause any underlying problems ?

Technical it will not cause any problems, however some of the old users
might get confused.

I'm not using tomboy and haven't looked at the packaging, but wouldn't
it be possible to introduce a second binary package with the QT flavour?
Maybe also rename tomboy-ng to tomboy-ng-gtk (and have tomboy-ng as a
transistational package), for clarity?

Best regards,
  Alexander