RE: Should I give up?

When there's a rejected package there should be a rejection reason.  That's where you should start.  Don't be discouraged, I've had my packages rejected before (note: I'm not a mentor / DD, but I have been through this process before), it hasn't stopped me from contributing anywhere yet.  Usually, when there's a rejection, there's a *reason* for it and that reason should be documented somewhere and sent to you via email - I would look for those rejection emails and see what the reasoning was for the rejection.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Francisco M Neto <fmneto@fmneto.com>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 05:36
To: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Subject: Should I give up?

Greetings.

	I have been trying to package packages related to Elemetary OS's Pantheon for Debian. Several months ago I submitted a few of them to mentors.d.n, and found sponsors, and those packages got accepted. Then they entered the NEW queue. I decided to wait for those packages to make it into the distribution before submitting new ones.

	I lost track of the time it took for those packages to actually receive a response from the ftp masters. Now, I know all work is voluntary and I don't want to demand anything, but being frank I just got tired of waiting. I had completely forgotten about those packages when I got a response for them, saying that they were rejected. I don't feel motivated at all to actually fix the problems that were pointed out about them.

	I'm trying to find motivation to work on them once more to fix those issues and then go through the whole process again, but the thought of having to wait several months again to see if everything is acceptable is really discouraging.

	So, I turn to the mentors present in this discussion list for incentive. Should I try again? Is there anything to say?

Thanks in advance.
Francisco