Re: autopkgtest testing postinst

On Thu, 2022-07-21 at 10:30 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 09:23:20AM -0400, Matt Barry wrote:
> > autopkgtest adds it's own sources.list entry under /tmp, so afaict
> > 'apt-get --reinstall' will do exactly what it should.
>
> Thanks for finding that out. Is there also a documented way to
> install
> te packages from stable, testing, unstable to automatically test
> updates?

Not that I'm aware of, but - there is a fairly standard way of adding
to sources.list.d, so that 'apt install adduser=stable' might be made
to work; otoh it might be dependency hell (less so perhaps in this
particular case).

If you want to test unstable's tests against stable's version I'd maybe
try:

git checkout 3.121
git checkout master -- debian/tests/
autopkgtest -- <etc>

But I might be misunderstanding what you want to do..

Cheers,
Matt