Re: Looking for a new maintainer for the "rush" package

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 4:19 AM <deb251@lewenberg.com> wrote:
On 3/16/2022 3:53 AM, vimer wrote:
> Hi,
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 05:23:16AM -0700, deb251@lewenberg.com wrote:
>> The Debian package "rush" has not been updated since 2017. The
>> upstream software is actively maintained and has advanced from the 1.x
>> version in Debian to version 2.x (the latest version is 2.2 released
>> Jan 2022). I filed a bug in Dec 2021 to have the upstream changes
>> packaged, but no response from the package maintainer was forthcoming.
>>
>> Is there someone who can take over the maintenance of this package?
> In case the maintainer does not mark the package as 'O'(Orphaned) package,
> we can do some fix or update with NMU[0].
>
> But it's would better to do NMU for active Debian Developer.

So is there anything else I can do to expedite this? Or do I just wait
until a Debian Developer picks up the package?

I think Nicholas's answer is right. We can try to salvage packages for the rush case.
You can refer to [0][1] to report a bug as ITS(Intend To Salvage).

But there are some situations that are unclean for me:
If you file an  ITS bug, that is mean the package's new(co-) packages are you.

[0]: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#how-to-salvage-a-package
[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/07/msg00453.html

BR,
Bo