Re: Looking for a new maintainer for the "rush" package

Torsdag den 17 mars 2022, klockan 15:22, skrev Nicholas D Steeves detta:

> From a thread on debian-mentors,
>
> vimer <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 05:23:16AM -0700, deb251@lewenberg.com wrote:
> >>The Debian package "rush" has not been updated since 2017. The
> >>upstream software is actively maintained and has advanced from the 1.x
> >>version in Debian to version 2.x (the latest version is 2.2 released
> >>Jan 2022). I filed a bug in Dec 2021 to have the upstream changes
> >>packaged, but no response from the package maintainer was forthcoming.
> >>
> >>Is there someone who can take over the maintenance of this package?
> > In case the maintainer does not mark the package as 'O'(Orphaned) package,
> > we can do some fix or update with NMU[0].
> >
> > But it's would better to do NMU for active Debian Developer.
> >

> Given the OP asked for "someone who can take over the maintenance of
> this package", and given the state of the package, salvaging "rush"
> would be more appropriate:
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging
>   https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging
>
> #929160 justifies a minimal NMU fixing only that bug.
>
> I've CCed Mats, because the best solution is for the maintainer to take
> care of this :-)
>
> Anyone interested in pursuing the process may follow the Developers
> Reference section "How to salvage a package"; Please note that the
> maintainer also has rights, so one must wait 21 days after filing the
> ITS before proceeding with the salvage operation.
>

> Regards,
> Nicholas

The truth is that I am in no position to verify my identity
to the Debian project, ever since the time it began demanding
three signatures of trust. So even if I desired to commence
an up-to-date packaging effort, there is no sensible means
for me to achieve that endeavour. Therefore I hereby annonce
my desire for another responsible and devoted person to take
over maintenance of "gnurush". This is a piece of software
that deserves continued use under diligent maintainership.
I did try my best during a period in time, but now I leave!

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, dr sci math