Re: lib package name of dependency changed after ftpmaster acceptance (was Re: How to resolve unsatisfied dependency (verisoned) after ftpmaster acception)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 10:31:38AM +0100, Markus Blatt wrote:
> > When I look at the package tracker https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/opm-common
> > I see "unsatisfied dependency on libfmt7 (>= 7.1.3+ds1)" that is blocking
> > migration to testing. Current version of libfmt in unstable is 8.1.1+ds1-2.
>
> And the current library package of libfmt source package is called libfmt8
> and not libfmt7.
>
> To resolve this I guess the package needs to be rebuilt. Does that require reuploading
> or is there another way?
You need to rebuild it anyway for it to migrate (and the excuses say that).
And a reupload is the only way as it includes arch:all subpackages,
otherwise it would be possible to binNMU it.

--
WBR, wRAR