How to resolve unsatisfied dependency (verisoned) after ftpmaster acception

Hi,

I have created a new Debian package that finally got accepted into unstable
by ftpmaster. Thanks a lot. This is really great.

When I look at the package tracker https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/opm-common
I see "unsatisfied dependency on libfmt7 (>= 7.1.3+ds1)" that is blocking
migration to testing. Current version of libfmt in unstable is 8.1.1+ds1-2.

As debian/control does only specify a dependency on libfmt-dev without a version,
I assume that this version dependency was added when the packages were built
some time ago.

What is the recommend way to resolve this?

Cheers,

Markus