Re: cmake: compat 11 vs 13 (-indep)

Niels Thykier:
> Mathieu Malaterre:
>> [cc me please]
>>
>> Symptoms:
>>
>> I've recently discovered the following change in behavior for
>> dh_missing + cmake + -indep. Basically using compat 13 it is now an
>> error when build-indep rule install stuff other than just the -indep
>> files (1).
>>

> The error is not specifically caused by compat 13 but dh_missing
> --fail-missing. This happens to be default in compat 13. However, you
> can use "dh_missing --list-missing" in compat 13 to avoid the error (or
> use --fail-missing in compat 12 or earlier to reproduce the error there).
>
> Depending on what you are going for, this may be sufficient.  You are
> not required to use debhelper at its default if they do not suit you.
>
> Obviously, that does not solve the underlying issue with cmake/install.
>  I do not have an answer for that.
>
> Thanks,
> ~Niels

Having looked a bit more at the packaging involved, perhaps you can
solve this by replacing all the

 dh_install -p$(X) [...]

calls by moving the content into debian/X.install.  In compat 13, you
can do substitutions in debian/X.install now without relying on dh-exec.

This should enable dh_install to record what would have been installed
more reliably and maybe resolve the dh_missing issue you are seeing.

Thanks,
~Niels