Re: Looking for GSoC 2021 Project Mentor

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 12:36 PM Kavan Mevada wrote:

> One manifest file to generate all required files for packaging so we don't have to look at multiple files

There was a project created similar to this last year, but the project
was abandoned in the end, you might want to contact the author to
discuss it.

https://github.com/dupr/duprkit/
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/22bf61c333d3694911c5c78016906984@debian.org
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/775023a55a7883fa5ff6b5953c47df77@debian.org
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20190409161728.GA10592@Asuna

Personally I dislike mixing multiple different file formats or
languages into one file like the RPM folks do in .spec files.

> which build system it would use

That shouldn't be needed, the build system should be automatically
detected. debhelper already does that and Debian is working more
towards automating everything else involved in packaging.

https://wiki.debian.org/AutomaticPackagingTools

--
bye,
pabs