Re: paho.mqtt.c: Sponsor for package upload?

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 03:11:16PM +0100, Matthias Klein wrote:
> Hello Roman,
>
> thank you for preparing the update to version 1.3.8 in git [1].
>
> Since you don't answer my mails, I would like to try again via the bug tracker and the mailing list.
>
> What is the reason that the package does not make it from the Mentors site
> [2] to the Debian archive for weeks?

We sponsors are lazy buggers, and once a package moves out of the top of the
queue^Wstack, it tends to be forgotten, and requires pinging.

> Is the original sponsor no longer available?  Does it make sense to ask
> for a new sponsor here on the mailing list?

Uploads for paho.mqtt.c:
1.3.5-1 to unstable: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org>
1.3.2-1 to unstable: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org>
1.3.0-1 to unstable: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org>

Apparently Iwamatsu-san did not receive the request, or was/is busy.
Asking the same sponsor is good as that person has prior knowledge of
your package, but otherwise a public request is faster.

I've just uploaded 1.3.8-1.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ How to exploit the Bible for weight loss: