Re: Touching $HOME in postrm

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 04:46:42AM +0200, Alec Leamas wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Touching files under $HOME in a postrm script is obviously a bad idea.
> However, a colluegue insists in trying to make me do this.

Give that person a sharp knife and training to use it.
Include lessons to avoid self inflicted wounds.

> Just to resolve this issue: is the the limitations on what files which
> can be touched by a packaging script documented somewhere?

The limits are simple:  Only files the package provides.
Meaning: Don't touch files from other origin.

> I have been skimming through the Policy Manual, but no luck. Did I miss
> something? Is it somewhere else? Or is it just an undocumented "good
> judgment" thing?
>
> Any clue, out there?

Describe the original goal, tell what you want to achieve.
Why the need for touching files under $HOME.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse