Re: daemon start/stop for sysvinit

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 9:02 PM Tong Sun wrote:

> Is there a way to make both systemd and sysvinit Debian happy, for my
> Perl based daemon?

sysvinit is not compatible with systemd units. You will need to add an
init script, see the simple example in the init-d-script(5) manual
page, unless your daemon is more complicated.

> > Letting dh_installinit put code into postinst etc has done the right
> > thing for me in a package of my own
>
> But I'm having a hard time making some senses out of that short sentence.

I think that is referring to the situation where you already have an
init script and dh_installinit from debhelper takes care of running
the init script from the postinst when you install the package.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise