daemon start/stop for sysvinit

Hi,

(Trying to squash a few bugs before the freeze)

As it says in https://wiki.debian.org/Init --

> Debian packages are not required to provide sysvinit start scripts

But I have a bug opened on my packages, which is packaged for systemd,
that on his sysvinit based Debian, the daemon start/stop is not
working.

Is there a way to make both systemd and sysvinit Debian happy, for my
Perl based daemon? He briefly mentioned:

> Letting dh_installinit put code into postinst etc has done the right
> thing for me in a package of my own

But I'm having a hard time making some senses out of that short sentence.

Please advise. Thanks