Re: [d/watch] Need to modify name of upstream tar ball

Am 28.01.2021 um 21:24 teilte Eriberto Mota mit:

Hi Eriberto,

My suggestion is always to use "releases" instead of "tags". Also, you
should use uversionmangle instead of filenamemangle.

version=4
opts=uversionmangle=s/-//g \
https://github.com/TeXworks/manual/releases archive/(\d\S+)\.tar\.gz

Many thanks for suggestion! For me uscan now work correctly:

uscan -vvv

uscan info: Matching pattern:
   (?:(?:https://github.com)?\/TeXworks\/manual\/)?archive/(\d\S+)\.tar\.gz
uscan debug: Resolving urls with query part unimplemented
uscan debug: Checking href #start-of-content

<snip>

uscan info: Filename (filenamemangled) for downloaded file: 2020-03-29.tar.gz
uscan debug: line: cmp_versions()
uscan: Newest version of texworks-manual on remote site is 20200329, local version is 20150506
uscan:  => Newer package available from:
        => https://github.com/TeXworks/manual/archive/2020-03-29.tar.gz
uscan debug: line: download_file_and_sig()
uscan info: Not downloading, using existing file: 2020-03-29.tar.gz

...and it would download latest version from github.

Unfortunately when looking at the tracker page [1], it tells

"uscan had problems while searching for a new upstream version:
In debian/watch no matching files for watch line
  https://github.com/TeXworks/manual/releases archive/(\d\S+)\.tar\.gz"

What it wrong? How can I check if the tracker would be able to use the watch file too? Many thanks!

Hilmar

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/texworks-manual
--
sigfault