Re: Jitsi meet packaging

* Fioddor Superconcentrado: " Jitsi meet packaging" (Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:10:17
  +0200):

Hi,

> As user I'm interested in having Jitsi Meet available in FreedomBox. Since
> it is a pure Debian blend we need an official Debian package. So I'm
> considering to step forward and take over it.
>
> But
> 1) I've never ever packaged any Debian package.
> 2) According to this bug, previous attempts have failed, so I guess there
> are reasons for that.
>
> So, any guidance would be welcome.
>
> I've seen that upstream already provides a .deb file. I guess it needs
> further debianisation to be accepted in the archive.

At least the original owner of #760485 seems to be the same person that is
currently active and in Uploaders at
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/debian/control

Best will be to ask him directly why he didn't push to get the packages into
Debian main. I have added him on CC.

> I plan to:
> - Review some introductory videos and documentation on Debian packaging
> that I read/watched ago and need a second check.
> - Take a look at other installation traces (Yunohost installs it on Debian
> and I want to check how they do it, and there's a number of hot to posts
> out there).
> - Then take the upstream package itself and try to identify the roadblocks.
> - Document them before I try to solve them, so that if I bun out someone
> can take over and not have to start all over again.
>
> I'm responding to both the bug tracker and the mentors list. Is the list
> for mentors and mentored pupils ment for pupill support or Is it just
> mentors-only for coordination? My underlying question is: Should I join
> that list?

This list is for responding to all kinds of packaging questions, probably best
to subscribe.

Cheers
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6