Jitsi meet packaging

Hi.

As user I'm interested in having Jitsi Meet available in FreedomBox. Since it is a pure Debian blend we need an official Debian package. So I'm considering to step forward and take over it.

But
1) I've never ever packaged any Debian package.
2) According to this bug, previous attempts have failed, so I guess there are reasons for that.

So, any guidance would be welcome.

I've seen that upstream already provides a .deb file. I guess it needs further debianisation to be accepted in the archive.

I plan to:
- Review some introductory videos and documentation on Debian packaging that I read/watched ago and need a second check.
- Take a look at other installation traces (Yunohost installs it on Debian and I want to check how they do it, and there's a number of hot to posts out there).
- Then take the upstream package itself and try to identify the roadblocks.
- Document them before I try to solve them, so that if I bun out someone can take over and not have to start all over again.

I'm responding to both the bug tracker and the mentors list. Is the list for mentors and mentored pupils ment for pupill support or Is it just mentors-only for coordination? My underlying question is: Should I join that list?

Thanks in advance