Re: No "linux-all" architecture wildcard

Niels Thykier wrote...

> Have you tried "linux-any", which would match "any" as the default
> wildcard for any architecture specific binary package (vs. "all", which
> really means "architecture independent")?

Yes, that works - but it creates some 19 packages that are bitwise
identical. Perhaps I'm old-school if I consider that not quite the best
approach. Although in times of source tarballs the size of gigabytes,
mirror disk space isn't really an issue.

On the plus side, linux-any instead of all avoids lintian's nasty
not-binnmuable-all-depends-any warnings from the dependencies between
the packages :)

    Christoph