Re: Packaging pyca

Hi Sven,

I'm a new contributor myself and cannot sponsor the package nor answer
all of your questions, but I can offer some suggestions.

> Currently there is a Lintian error, due to the fact, that PyCA
> itself ships an own version of jquery

This would not be allowed in Debian. Firstly, the jQuery file is
minified and would thus be considered to be missing sources (policy
4.16 [1]) which is against the DFSG. Secondly, embedded code copies
are normally not permitted (policy 4.13 [2]). Luckily, jQuery is
already packaged (libjs-jquery [3]), so you would just have to remove
the embedded copy of jQuery and replace it with a dependency on that
package (coupled with the appropriate patches to actually load the
packaged version instead, I assume).

On a side note, the versions seem to be out of date for a package
targeting unstable:
- The current Standards-Version is 4.5.0.
- The current debhelper-compat version is 13.
Have you tried building it in Debian unstable and checked it with Lintian there?

Also, consider using ...
- a debian/clean file instead of rm in override_dh_clean in debian/rules.
- e.g. "Build-Depends: debhelper-compat (= 13)" in debian/control
instead of the debian/compat file.
- "Build-Depends: dh-sequence-python3" in debian/control instead of
"--with python3" in debian/rules.
- substitution variables (@PACKAGE@, etc.) in debian/watch (details in
uscan's man page [4])

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#missing-sources-debian-missing-sources