Re: location of arch-dependent python package

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 02:04:30PM +0000, Kasper Peeters wrote:
> I am trying to package a program which contains a Python module. This
> module is not written in Python, but in C++/pybind11. It seems to me
> that the '.so' file this produces should go into an arch-dependent
> directory, e.g.
>
>    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/python3.6/site-packages/
It should go into /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/, the file
name will contain the abi name.
There is no /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/python*, at least on Debian.

Note that the final file location in the deb may differ from the location
where the file will be installed by the build system, as packaging helpers
may move and rename files, but I'm not that familiar with this case to
provide specific info.

--
WBR, wRAR