Re: Future of "obsession" package

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 03:03:08PM +0100, Fabien Givors wrote:
However, I found out that there were a sudden (yet relative) rise in popcon usage: https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=obsession
so, there are users…

Le 15/11/2020 à 15:39, Andrey Rahmatullin a écrit :
That's because openbox now Recommends it.
Oh, ok, thanks Andrey, this explains that!

I see different solutions:

1) remove xdg-autostart, recommend fbautostart
2) remove xdg-autostart, depends on fbautostart, add a wrapper for
 xdg-autostart to fbautostart
3) find an alternative to obsession-logout and obsession-exit
binaries and replace obsession with a transition package
What are your thoughts about that?