Re: Copyright review for salsa project debian/gensio

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 05:17:13PM -0400, Nick Black wrote:
> Marc Haber left as an exercise for the reader:
> > I don't have an overview about the tooling that is currently available
> > to check the licenses of code in a source package. I would appreciate
> > any pointers to tools that could help double-check debian/copyright to
> > avoid wasting ftpmaster's time a second time and to get embarrassed a
> > second time. I somebody wants to manually check, I would appreciate that
> > as well.
>
> I believe "licensecheck" to be the canonical tool for this kind
> of thing.
>
> LICENSECHECK(1p)      User Contributed Perl Documentation
>
> NAME licensecheck - simple license checker for source files

after a second look, licensecheck doesn't look too good any more. It
doesn't grok the quite common SPDX notation, and I would love a tool
that also checks debian/copyright (it's machine readable for a reason)
and tells me which files are not listed in there.

Greetings
Marc