Re: gbp push fails

On 8/22/20 9:40 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 01:56:00PM +0200, Hilmar Preuße wrote:

Hi,

> Actually, the person who did the "Upgrade to latest commit from github."
> (92ff447) commit in 2018 didn't do that, as that commit changes the
> upstream sources in the master branch directly instead of updating them in
> the upstream branch and merging.

Umm, yes. I guess I was not using gbp at this time and simply ignored
the upstream branch. ;-(

> So it was trying to push the commit that was tagged as
> debian/0.7+git73896501cf-2 to master while remote master contained
> additional commits on top of that one (speficially, the merge commit).

Many thanks for explanation. Currently I'm using gbp, which should avoid
mistakes like this in the future.

> Note that if you delete a tag, create a new one with the same name and
> publish it, nobody who cloned the repo before that will know about it,
> they will still have the old tag unless they delete it locally too, and
> `git fetch` and `git pull` will not tell them that the tag was updated.

Yes, I'm aware of this. I just hope there are not to many people (except
me) using this repo.

Hilmar
--
sigfault