RE: Packaging a .NET Core application & pbuilder

Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:

> > Are these acceptable caveats for a source package in contrib,
> No, the package still needs to be built without network, using only its
> contents and packages from Debian.
> You also need to produce a package that can be installed with apt and usable
> after that, as I'm not sure how is your current package supposed to get the
> deps needed to run it.

I'm a little confused, then: https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#the-contrib-archive-area told me that packages included in contrib included "free packages which require contrib, non-free packages or *packages which are not in our archive at all* for compilation or execution" (emphasis mine); and wouldn't the dependency on dotnet-sdk-3.1 count under the last of those?

(And if so, there's presumably some way of getting packages which require packages not in the Debian archive to build properly under pbuilder?)

Thanks,

Alistair