Re: Packaging a .NET Core application & pbuilder

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:31:43AM +0000, Alistair J R Young wrote:
> I'm currently working on packaging a .NET Core utility for contrib (ITP here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=968331; current version of the package here: https://mentors.debian.net/package/systemd-genie/ for those interested), and am in the stage of dotting Is and crossing Ts right now, and I have a best practice query, if you'll indulge me.
>
> I have been making sure my source package will build properly using pbuilder, which it does, but it does so with two caveats:
>
> 1. I have a hook script (see below) whose job is to get the dotnet-sdk-3.1 package from Microsoft's repository into the base tgz; and
That doesn't count as "will build properly using pbuilder".

> 2. I run pbuilder with the --use-network yes option, since the .NET Core build process expects to be able to pull the referenced NuGet packages at build time.
>
> Are these acceptable caveats for a source package in contrib,
No, the package still needs to be built without network, using only its
contents and packages from Debian.
You also need to produce a package that can be installed with apt and
usable after that, as I'm not sure how is your current package supposed to
get the deps needed to run it.

--
WBR, wRAR