Re: How to suppress "source-is-missing" lintian error?

On Thursday, August 13 2020, Ángel wrote:

> On 2020-08-13 at 12:47 -0700, A. Lewenberg wrote:
>> I am trying to suppress some lintian errors in my package build. I see
>> this error when running lintian:
>> --
>> E: stanford-spdb source: source-is-missing
>> usr/share/spdb/vendor/assets/javascripts/bootstrap-4.4.1.min.js
>> (...)
>> How do I get lintian to be quiet about this?
>
> Add a depends on libjs-bootstrap and remove this minified file from your
> package?

This is the right way to go, except that he will want libjs-bootstrap4
instead, based on the lintian error.

If you have other JavaScript dependencies that are not package yet, you
need to either (a) package them (this is the preferred way, but not
always feasible), or (b) remove any minified JS and regenerate them.

For (b), you will need to tweak d/copyright's Excluded-Files directive
and remove the *.min.js (note that you may also need to remove the
*.min.css files) that are not package in Debian, and then use
yui-compressor to generate them from the unminified files that should be
present in the source package.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36