Re: Seeking a mentoree for imagemagick

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 6:04 AM Bastien ROUCARIES
<roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:00 AM Tong Sun
> <suntong001@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, let me try.
> >
> > Let me start with 4. Backport security patch for stable and old stable
> > first, as it looks an easier starter for me.
> >
> > We can take the further details offline, if you want.
>
> Ok you could take this one. see the security tracker of imagemagick
> and see if patch could be applied and synchronize with security team.

Ok, I've never done this before, so a little bit of help is needed now
Basten, :)

So, by "see the security tracker" I'm guessing you meant to check
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/imagemagick right?

I saw bullseye has a lot of issues listed as vulnerable, while both
stretch and buster are listed as fixed.

Since buster & bullseye both has the same version,
8:6.9.10.23+dfsg-2.1, I'm wondering what are the steps I should take
to fix say CVE-2020-13902, and CVE-2020-10251 (of which buster is
listed as "vulnerable (no DSA, ignored)").

Thanks