Re: Specify deb binary version explicitly

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 1:52 PM Dmitry Baryshev wrote:

> I have a cmake-based project and Debian rules. The rules build 5 deb packages. One of the packages is just a set of .so plugins w/o any libraries or executables.
>
> The Debian build system peeks the main project's version for this particular deb package (say, 0.5.5). However, I'd like to specify it explicitly (say, 8.0.0).
>
> How can I do that? Is that possible?

You should first ask yourself why you want to do that and if that is
the correct thing to do. The vast majority of binary packages just use
the source package version and have no reason to do anything else.

It is possible though, you would need to pass the -v option to
dpkg-gencontrol for the package in question, for examples of how to do
that, check out this search:

https://codesearch.debian.net/search?literal=0&perpkg=1&q=path%3Adebian%2Frules+gencontrol.%2A-v

--
bye,