Re: blocked migrations due to timeout

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 07:29:40AM -0700, Matthew Fernandez wrote:
> The arm64 failure [2] looks legitimate (though I
> don’t understand why excuses also says “arch:arm64 not built yet”),
It says it cannot run autopkgtests for arm64 because the binary isn't
built yet.

> the mipsel failure [3] looks like some kind of timeout.
It's a build failure caused by the tests not finishing or producing any
output, yes.

> The armel build [4] looks like it also timed out, but for reasons I
> don’t understand this isn’t considered a migration blocker.
There is no armel binary in testing.

> What is the proper way to address such timeouts?
That depends on their reason. Looks like the tests are indeed very
time-consuming and/or CPU-heavy, as on mips64el they laster for an hour.

> This package has a pretty standard cmake/ctest
> setup, so I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who knows
> how to prevent hiding test suite stdout/stderr on success without
> constructing a manual ctest --verbose invocation in CMakeLists.txt.
A "pretty standard setup" would have many small tests, while this one
evidently only has one large "Tests" test that calls some hand-written
Python script. I don't know anything about ctest but I guess it eats that
script's stdout by default?

--
WBR, wRAR