Re: debianization with files that change

Hello David.

The way into debian is a complicated one. There are a LOT of
helper scripts out there, which have grown. Some of them are
still useful, some are not.
On top of that, the contents of the debian/ directory are
plentiful, and not very well documented, if I may say so.

My solution was to create a new repository (ports and packages)
outside of my project, and put the debian/ directory in
it. And edited the contents by hand.

I also added a shell script mkpackage.sh, and only used three
tools: debuild, debsign and dput. Within this script, I am
also creating the orig.tar.gz, to make sure that it only
contains files that I want it to contain.

If you would like to have a look, you can clone it from here:
github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages
maybe it helps.

Thomas