Re: Hosting deb server using Hugo?

On 2019-11-03 11:32, Holloway Kean Ho wrote:
> Theoretically it is possible to do this with git, but it would be terrifyingly ugly. Yes, that's some light in the dark! This is what I want to hear in this exploration
voyage. Don't worry, it's mainly for exploration and satisfying curiosity.

Thanks for everything. =)

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 10:24 AM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org <mailto:pabs@debian.org>> wrote:

    On Sun, 2019-11-03 at 10:21 +0800, Holloway Kean Ho wrote:

     > I'm restricted due to git version control service providers.

    Sounds like you need to use a generic web hosting provider instead,
    then you can generate your apt repository locally and sync all the
    repository files over to the hosting provider. Theoretically it is
    possible to do this with git, but it would be terrifyingly ugly.

I can't speak for the aesthetics, but it's very easy to create an eg reprepro debian/ directory locally, make it into a git repo and sync it to eg github.
https://github.com/johnraff/helium-dev-repo-exp
Apt can access the above (now obsolete) directory with the line:
deb https://johnraff.github.io/helium-dev-repo-exp/debian/ helium main

But it's also quite easy to do with rsync and ssh.

---
John