Re: What is missing for me to get a sponsor?

On Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 09:11:04PM +0200, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
> <!doctype html>
>  <head>
>  </head>

First, please do not send a webpage instead of text.  This misfeature of
some mails clients is heavily frowned upon here.  Grepping my maildirs, I
see that over half of posters on lists I read use Mutt which (intentionally)
doesn't support HTML emails.

All of your previous mails used plain text, thus I see your mail program
(some "Open-Xchange Mailer" that I don't know) is able to do so.

>    So... My package is getting more and more ready.

>    https://mentors.debian.net/package/dmagnetic

>    Most lintian warnings are gone. Even the project's website has been switched to SSL.

For the first version, I wouldn't care much about [I]nformational and
[P]edantic tags; they're wishlist -- something that's worth spending effort
on but not an important enough to be a priority.  The package is free from
lintian [E]rrors and [W]arnings.

On the other hand, of the five points left, three look trivial to fix:

* description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
  "Play classic textadventures from Magnetic Scrolls in glorious ANSI Art."

Lintian actually checks for the period at the end (to spot sentences) but
what it wants is to have the desc be a noun phrase rather than a full
sentence.

* hardening-no-bindnow
  usr/games/dMagnetic
* hardening-no-fortify-functions
  usr/games/dMagnetic

The Makefile doesn't pass LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to the compiler.

Type "dpkg-buildflags" to see flags that are relevant (although you
obviously don't care about Fortran or Java...).

>    All that is missing now would be a sponsor, right?

>    How will I be able to find one?

Alas, there's a strong dearth of people willing to review uploads of
newcomers.  This is a self-aggravating problem: without such reviews, there
won't be new people to do so in the future.  But pinging us tends to improve
your chances.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ A MAP07 (Dead Simple) raspberry tincture recipe: 0.5l 95% alcohol,
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ 1kg raspberries, 0.4kg sugar; put into a big jar for 1 month.