Re: Removing binary package from source

Hi,

On 8/29/19 2:28 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 02:04:08PM +0200, Birger Schacht wrote:
>> This old version will not work with the newer libusbguard0.
> Why?

Because libusbguard0 doest not provide a stable ABI and the two versions
are not backwards compatible. The package installed the library in
/usr/lib/<triplet>/usbguard, to mark it internal, but I forgot to
declare a versioned depends for the applet.

>> Is there a way to uninstall the qt applet when upgrading usbguard?
> Add Breaks on it.

Mhm, that way libusbguard0 can not be installed unless
usbguard-applet-qt is manually removed, but I guess thats better than to
have a non working applet installed... Would a dist-upgrade
automatically remove the usbguard-applet-qt package in that case?

thanks,
Birger