Removing binary package from source

Hi,

usbguard upstream has decided to move the usbguard QT applet from the
usbguard sources to a seperate repository (tba). I removed all traces
from the QT applet from the usbguard source package, but there is one
little problem: when people upgrade to the new usbguard, the QT applet
will not be removed but will stay the old version. This old version will
not work with the newer libusbguard0. Is there a way to uninstall the qt
applet when upgrading usbguard? Or should I simply add a note to d/NEWS
about the applet not working anymore?

cheers,
Birger