Re: NATS Server Debian Package

Hi Etienne,

Apologies, I must not be and assumed a direct reply.  I'll join...  Thanks Etienne!

Best regards,
Colin

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 12:01 AM Etienne Dysli Metref <etienne.dysli-metref@switch.ch> wrote:
On 27/08/2019 22.43, Colin Sullivan wrote:
> Soft ping...   Would you be willing to provide some guidance and
> sponsor us?

Hello Colin,

Are you subscribed to the mailing-list? Below is what I replied two
weeks ago. You'll also find another reply in the list archive. [3]

As a prospective user of NATS, I'd welcome its inclusion in Debian. :)
Have you already contacted the Debian Go Packaging team? [1] They can
probably help you prepare your package for Debian.

I think one thing in particular that Debian requires and is very alien
to golang developers is that all your software's dependencies must also
be Debian packages. A Debian package isn't allowed to contain copies of
code from other software packages. [2] Likewise, your build system can't
download dependencies to build and link them (Debian's servers build
packages without network access).

I hope this helps you getting started.

Cheers,
  Etienne