From: Colin Sullivan <colin@nats.io>
Date: Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:15 PM
Subject: NATS Server Debian Package
To: <debian-mentors@lists.debian.org>
Cc: Ivan Kozlovic <ivan@nats.io>, Ginger Collison <ginger@nats.io>

Hello,

I'm Colin Sullivan, product manager of NATS.io, an Apache 2 licensed messaging project.  We're in the process of automating Debian package creation through go-releaser, and should have a deb package built with the next release of our server (v2.0.4), scheduled to be released fairly soon (maybe even today).

We feel it would serve our users well if the NATS server package could be added to the official Debian repository.  As there are ~40 million docker downloads of the NATS server so far we think an official Debian deployment would be popular.

Would you be willing to provide some guidance and sponsor us?

Thanks and best regards,
Colin

Colin Sullivan
Product Manager NATS/NGS