Re: packaging stellar, gitlab-ci fails, wrong installation path?

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 09:43:20AM -0400, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> > No idea about that but "gbp:error: Non-native package 'stellar' has
> invalid version '1.0'" is a valid problem.
>
> Fair enough. What does it mean? How to fix it?
It means that a non-native package must have a version that includes a
debian revision. See
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-version
for a description of the version string format.
To fix that you need to fix the package version, most likely appending -1.

> > Have you ever built this package yourself? I'm sure the same problem will
> happen in any environment.
>
> That may very well be. I usually just upload my stuff to launchpad and see
> what happens; it's easier for me to remember than the local build process
> with pbuilder, debuilder, or whatever tools and environments are involved.
Fine, but please don't assume or emphasize that a build failure is because
it's built there and not because the package is broken. I always assume
people build locally before building somewhere else.

> > You have one subpackage yet you are using dh_install to move files to
> subpackages.
>
> Why do I have a subpackage?
You always have a subpackage. It's another word for "binary package" in
the context of building a specific number of binary packages from one
source package.

> Where is that specified?
debian/control, Binary sections.

> Where do I use dh_install?
debian/*.install

> Hints on how to fix those things are appreciated.
Remove debian/*.install.

--
WBR, wRAR