Re: Configure your PC to contribute to Debian community

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:28 AM Vipul
> . . . Since I'm using Debian for work purpose also so, I don't want to mess-up  with my system by installing unstable packages or libraries. Is there a way to get isolation for work & contribution purpose to keep yourself organized?
>     I can get isolation by using Docker image or install one more copy of Debian in PC and switch between them but that would be painful. I want to hear from contributors & maintainers Which method they are using or prefer to get isolation?

I thought most people would vote for Docker, but so far not any yet. I
guess people are giving you options other than Docker to broader your
view.

I'd say go for Docker, since you are already using Linux, not Windows,
and here are some more info to get you started:

https://sfxpt.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/debianubuntu-package-developing-with-docker/
https://sfxpt.wordpress.com/2013/11/17/debianubuntu-package-developing-with-docker-continued/

It's nearly 6 years old, the practice might have changed, but the
concept remains.