Re: lintian warnings - help requested

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 21:53, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:

> > > https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
> >
> > I got no bites previously - perhaps I have to make a stronger case to
> > more users.
> Sorry?

This is my 2nd attempt to package - I previously uploaded it - built
against stretch but it recently expired with no sponsors...
So this is my 2nd go - I figured I would move on to buster as it's
nearing completion.

> > > If they are sources in the preferred form for modification, why do they
> > > have long and not human-editable lines? If they are not actually sources
> > > you need to provide sources and build the resulting files from them.
> > >

> > Looks like unit test data (base64 encoded blobs).
> > Might try to wrap the lines - or strip them.
> You shouldn't wrap the lines just to appease lintian. You should fix the
> initial problem or override lintian if lintian is wrong.
I don't see any alternative - these files were in the original package
- not generated files or anything.