Re: Looking for help getting orphaned package rasdaemon updated

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 8:47 AM Francis M wrote:

> I sent an e-mail to Al Stone (ahs3@d.o) who's listed as rasdaemon's maintainer
> on packages.d.o and, after a confusing interraction with Debian's SMTP server
> which responded to his address with "550 <US telelphone number>", I discovered
> that his account has been retired...

Al Stone has been active on other packages this year and his account
has not been retired, it looks like he accidentally entered his phone
number into the mail disable field on db.debian.org. Please contact
him using one of the alternative addresses on his OpenPGP key and
please do mention the accidental mail disable issue.

$ finger ahs3@db.debian.org
$ gpg --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg --list-keys
'89C9 5A28 8ED9 190F B818 92D6 530C B002 D761 B16C'

> So, any help or advice on what to do here would be really appreciated.

I expect Al would appreciate any help you can offer, please discuss
the mail issue with him to start with, then discuss the state of the
package and offer your assistance.

--
bye,
pabs