Looking for help getting orphaned package rasdaemon updated

Hi there,

First time poster, long time subscriber.

Long story short, rasdaemon in Buster needs some love.  It's quite out of date,
the systemd unit as it exists in 0.6.0-1.2 isn't sufficient, and is frankly
unusable for some in its present state due to bugs in rasdaemon itself that have
been fixed a few upstream releases back.

I sent an e-mail to Al Stone (ahs3@d.o) who's listed as rasdaemon's maintainer
on packages.d.o and, after a confusing interraction with Debian's SMTP server
which responded to his address with "550 <US telelphone number>", I discovered
that his account has been retired...

Recently I've come to depend on rasdaemon, so in my e-mail to Al, I was hoping
to find out what I could do to get a working rasdaemon into testing and
eventually stable.  Seeing as he's apparently no longer active, I figured this
might be a good place to ask a broader audience the same question.

If I do all the dog work of cherry-picking and backporting patches from
upstream's git repo and handle necessary packaging tweaks, is there a mentor out
there who'd be willing to help me get a working version of rasdaemon uploaded?

It'd be nice if something could be sorted out regardless.  Unless I'm mistaken,
rasdaemon (when it works) is the only user-friendly way to watch systems for
MCEs since the mcelog package was removed.

So, any help or advice on what to do here would be really appreciated.

Best,
Francis