Debian Salsa packaging guidelines and conventions

Dear mentors,

I'm considering to move package sources to Debian salsa. And, I'm
quite unsure, what's a correct approach to do it. Especially, what are
conventions and guidelines for packaging.

Lets assume, that packaged software doesn't require any special
adjustments, and packaged software's upstream is stored in a publicly
available git repository. What's standard gbp.conf, and other
settings?

I very much like to stick to conventions, for easier cooperation, when
cooperation is needed. So, I'm looking for the  most recognized way to
package such projects hosted on git within Debian developers.

I did find https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc and
https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/FAQ.

Kind regards,
Miroslav Kravec