Re: Packing and installing Debian changelog "by hand"

On Sat, 27 Jul 2019 22:05:56 +0500,
Andrey Rahmatullin<wrar@debian.org> wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 06:50:27PM +0200, Andreas Ronnquist wrote:
>> >Call dh_compress on changelog.Debian.
>> >

>> Thanks -
>>
>> However - I'm sorry to say it wasn't that simple - I believe I run
>> into #781131 [1]
>That report is only about -X so I don't see how is it related to my
>suggestion.
>If it wasn't clear, I suggested running it twice.

To me it looks like dh_compress automatically runs on at least "all
files in /usr/share/doc" (according to the man-page), and you'll have
to use the -X to be able to have some of these not compressed, so if I
run it on changelog.Debian, without even mentioning changelog or
ChangeLog, these will be compressed. And if I don't add these
exclusions, all is compressed. So, I don't see really what you mean
here.

(Sorry if I am misunderstanding you - I blame the heatwave over here)...

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
andreas@ronnquist.net