Re: Importing a new upstream version

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 6:18 PM Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:

> gbp import-orig --uscan --pristine-tar is the same command as I normally
> use.
>
> Did it fail with something different the first time?

I only knew to use this previously:

  gbp import-orig --uscan

Today I tried `gbp import-orig --uscan --pristine-tar`, after having
done the above `gbp import-orig --uscan`

> If so, it might
> have failed after creating the 4.0.3 tag, leaving it in the way of
> future attempts.

So how can I fix it now?

> What git repository are you running it in?  It should be run in the
> packaging repository, not the upstream one.  (The package's Vcs-Git
> field currently points to upstream, which is itself a bug.)

Ah, thanks for spotting that. I'll fix it.

FTR,

$ git remote -v
origin  git@salsa.debian.org:debian/shc.git (fetch)
origin  git@salsa.debian.org:debian/shc.git (push)