Importing a new upstream version

Hi,

I had been following these two articles for importing a new upstream version

http://marquiz.github.io/git-buildpackage-rpm/gbp.import.html

https://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.new.upstream.html

by doing

  gbp import-orig --uscan

But today, I learnt that my pristine-tar branch is not in the correct shape.

So my first question is, what are all the proper steps to import a new
upstream version?

And secondly, how to fix the following `Upstream tag already exists`
`gbp:error`:

$ gbp import-orig --uscan --pristine-tar
gbp:info: Launching uscan...
uscan: Newest version of shc on remote site is 4.0.3, local version is 4.0.2
uscan:    => Newer package available from
      https://github.com/neurobin/shc/archive/4.0.3.tar.gz
gbp:info: Using uscan downloaded tarball ../shc_4.0.3.orig.tar.gz
What is the upstream version? [4.0.3]
gbp:error: Upstream tag 'upstream/4.0.3' already exists

Thanks