Re: Guidance with using system-installed dependency

Hello,

On 2019-07-04 03:58, hello@shayandoust.me wrote:
> Even though I had verbosity set, the message still didn't make sense. I tried to copy out the project from my working (root) directory and try to "cmake ." it manually with the build dependencies installed on my system, and it seems like the reason was down to CMake complaining that "include could not find load file GatbCore". I'm not strong with CMake at all and any guidance would be much appreciated! Hopefully I covered any needed messages and reproducible steps as this is my first package and first message on a mailing list with a wide audience.

The problem seems to be related with the included CMakefile of
gatb-core, which seems to be relevant only for building the gatb-core
from source. I suspect that this method is used to build dependencies
prior to the actual package source. As gatb-core is in Debian, there is
no need to build it, its library can readily be taken from system-wide
location. So the patch would be to ignore the 'include (GatbCore)'
instruction in CMakeLists.txt.

Hope this helps,
Andrius

--
Andrius Merkys
Vilnius University Institute of Biotechnology, Saulėtekio al. 7, room V325