Re: Intro and Seeking Sponsor

Geert Stappers schreef op 2019-06-26 07:58:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 03:46:41PM -0600, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
On 25-06-2019 08:40, swiftgist@gmail.com wrote:

Hello All,

I may be missing something, but what does you utility do that is not
handled by 'du -h | sort -h | tail -n 20' ?

Please do `apt show ncdu` ( NC as in ncurses, but pronounce as "nice"
and DU is indeed Disk Usage )

On the subject of short (two letter) commands. I deemed ``ncdu'' nice enough
to be deserving of a very short command. So I added
  alias DU=ncdu
to my profile.

What commands are the easiest available is somewhat personal.
So this is better than having a /usr/bin/DU program.

Also one tends to forget things. Trying to remember ncdu back in a couple of months may be frustating. The profile file can serve as a reminder of things
one found useful in the past.

Groetjes Albert

--
Suffering is the prerogative of the strong, the weak -- perish.
Albert van der Horst