Re: Fwd: rumur package has been removed from Mentors

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 07:08:37AM -0700, Matthew Fernandez wrote:
> I received several notifications like the following recently, which seem
> to be a rejection of an RFS I filed.  The package it’s referring to was
> uploaded by Jonathan Carter and I see it currently in the New Queue [0]
> with Jonathan as the sponsor.  My understanding was that I needed to wait
> for the buster unfreeze for any further progress.  Did I misunderstand the
> process and was something further required from my side?

While the reason the bot said is wrong, the RFS bug indeed should be closed
(and at most reopened later).  Once the package is in NEW, it is done wrt
sponsoring -- the package has been uploaded.

It may still be rejected by ftpmasters, but for now, there is nothing for us
to do anymore.

> > From: mentors.debian.net <support@mentors.debian.net>
> > Subject: rumur package has been removed from Mentors
> > Date: June 27, 2019 at 08:13:00 PDT
> > To: matthew.fernandez@gmail.com
> >
> > Your package rumur 2019.02.04-1 has been removed from mentors.debian.net for the following reason:
> >
> > Your package found no sponsor for 20 weeks

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Packager's rule #1: upstream _always_ screws something up.  This